Racing Week At GGF Begins With $106,725 Pick Six Carryover

Racing Week At GGF Begins With $106,725 Pick Six Carryover

 

     A Pick Six carryover of $106,725 will be the carrot dangling in front of handicappers when racing resumes Thursday at Golden Gate Fields.  Post time for the eight-race program is 12:45 p.m.
 
     The Pick Six will be held on races three through eight and post time for the third race is 1:45 p.m.  A $2 wager, the Pick Six requires bettors to pick the winners of six consecutive races.  When no one correctly selects all six winners, 70 percent of the Pick Six pool is carried over to the next racing program and the remaining 30 percent is paid to those that picked the highest number of winners in the Pick Six sequence. 
 
     A perfect Pick Six ticket eluded handicappers last Sunday despite the fact that half of the races in the Pick Six sequence were won by favorites.  Thirty-six tickets had five of the six winners and each was good for a consolation payoff of $579.
 
     The third race Thursday is a 5 1/2-furlong sprint for fillies and mares that attracted a field of seven.  Mistisized is the 9-to-5 morning line favorite but the pick here is Cashmere Mist, who is 7-to-2.  
 
     Nine maidens will meet in the fourth race, a 1 1/16-mile turf contest for 3-year-olds and up.  The 2-to-1 morning line choice is Curly Boy and we’ll use the favorite along with 8-to-1 outsider Crowned Ruler.
 
    The six-furlong fifth race features a field of nine fillies and mares.  We’ll try to upset 9-to-5 morning line favorite Just Tappin It with Storm Magic, who is 8-to-1. 
 
     Ten runners will knock heads over six furlongs in the sixth race and the lukewarm 
3-to-1 favorite is Alice’s Rahy.   This camp will go with the baseball fans’ hunch play, Hard Slider, who is 10-to-1.
 
     The seventh race is a 5 1/2-furlong dash for fillies and mares and we’ll play the 5-to-2 morning-line favorite, Lit de Bet, who will be ridden by Russell Baze.  
 
     Surfer Dave is the 5-to-2 favorite in the eighth race, a one-mile test for 3-year-olds and up.  Instead of hanging out with Surfer Dave, we’ll try 7-to-2 Hamonic Motion.
 
     Grandstand and club house gates open at 10 a.m. Thursday.  The Turf Club opens at 11 a.m.
 
     Strong Field For Golden Nugget – Entries for Saturday’s $50,000 Golden Nugget Stakes were taken Thursday morning and the feature attracted a strong field of nine.
 
     The Golden Nugget is a six-furlong sprint for 2-year-olds and the lineup, in post position order, is as follows: Johnny Be Mine, Russell Baze rides; Sheet Talent, Brice Blanc; Blue Collar Boy, Frank Alvarado; Squid, David Lopez; Coach Sickie, Alonso Quinonez; Passing Game, Kevin Krigger; Russian Greek, Inoel Beato; Chis All In, Aaron Gryder; and Marshal Marini, Abel Cedillo.  All of the starters will carry 119 pounds.