GOLDEN GATE FIELDS TO INTRODUCE GOLDEN PICK 6 AT SUMMER MEETING

GOLDEN GATE FIELDS TO INTRODUCE GOLDEN PICK 6 AT SUMMER MEETING

    Golden Gate Fields will offer a new version of the pick six during its 19-day summer meeting that opens Friday, Aug. 15.
 
     For just 20 cents, fans can play the Golden Pick 6, a jackpot-style wager that will reward a patron with the entire pick six pool if he or she has the only ticket with all six winners in the pick six sequence.  
 
    On days when there is more than one perfect ticket with all six winners, 70 percent of the net pool will be paid to those who went 6-for-6 and the remaining 30 percent will be carried over to the next racing program.  On days when there are no perfect tickets, handicappers with the highest number of winners in the sequence will split the 70 percent. 
 
     The Golden Pick 6 will be conducted on the final six races each day, and the 70 percent “consolation prize” will help keep players in action as they pursue their goal of owning the only perfect ticket and taking down the jackpot. 
 
    The summer meeting runs through Sunday, Sept. 14, and the entire Golden Pick 6 pool (that day’s wagers and any carryover monies) will be paid out on closing day. 
 
     Post time on opening day – and the subsequent two Fridays (Aug. 22 and 29) – is 3:45 p.m.  The standard post time is 1:45 p.m. and there will be special racing cards on Monday, Sept. 1 (Labor Day), and Wednesday, Sept. 3 (closing day at Del Mar).
 
     The $50,000-added Rolling Green Stakes, a 1 1/16-mile turf race for 3-year-olds and up, is the main event at the summer session and will be run on Labor Day.  Entries for the Rolling Green will be taken Aug. 29. 
 
     The racing/post time schedule for the summer meeting follows. 
 
     Week 1 (Aug. 15-17): Friday 3:45 p.m., Saturday 1:45 p.m. and Sunday 1:45 p.m.
 
     Week 2 (Aug. 22-24): Friday 3:45 p.m., Saturday 1:45 p.m. and Sunday 1:45 p.m.
 
     Week 3 (Aug. 28-Sept. 1): Thursday 1:45 p.m., Friday 3:45 p.m., Saturday 1:45 p.m., Sunday 1:45 p.m., and Monday 1:45 p.m.
 
     Week 4 (Sept. 3, 5-7): Wednesday 1:45 p.m., Friday 1:45 p.m., Saturday 1:45 p.m., and Sunday 1:45 p.m.
 
     Week 5 (Sept. 11-14): Thursday 1:45 p.m., Friday 1:45 p.m., Saturday 1:45 p.m. and Sunday 1:45 p.m.