- Race Information
- Racing 101
- Turf Club Reservations
- Wager Now
Golden Gate Fields is committed to the health and safety of its equine athletes both during and after racing. We believe that the entire industry must work together to provide our racehorses with the best possible careers both on and off the track. With that aim, the track has launched a new initiative to provide support to both our horsemen and our non-profit aftercare partners. The mission of the Golden Gate Fields Aftercare Program is to ensure that every retiring racehorse at Golden Gate Fields finds a good home by providing:
- Education to owners, trainers, non-profit partners and the public on the importance of Thoroughbred aftercare
- Enforcement of Golden Gate Fields no slaughter, no auction policy through the creation of a new registry for retiring horses and a Golden Gate Fields approved conditional bill of sale
- Policy Advocacy to fund and support the efforts of our non-profit partners
- Supportive Services to our horsemen by providing them with on-site counseling that can connect them with our non-profit partners
- Communication with our aftercare partners to unite the entire Thoroughbred retirement community
Transfer Ownership of a Retired Racehorse through the Golden Gate Fields Thoroughbred Aftercare Program
As part of our commitment to following the careers of our equine athletes after they leave Golden Gate Fields we have developed on on-line registry to track our horses after they retire. We encourage everyone with a retired Golden Gate Fields racehorse to register them and reporting transfers of ownership is a condition of the adoption of many of our former runners.
Register a retired race horse here.
For questions or comments, please contact Liz Morey here.